Pattison Career Center
Bluff Plant Operator
Wage commensurate with experience
The focus of the PSC Bluff Plant is to produce a super-fine grade sand known to the industry as 100 mesh. 100 mesh sand is the bi-product of our primary coarse sand processing facility and is dried as well as loaded onto trucks at the Bluff Plant. The Bluff Plant Operator is responsible for and must perform all aspects of plant operations including but limited to: plant process equipment operation with use of automated controls, truck load out, quality control analysis, data entry, and wheel loader operation
Pattison Employee Thoughts
Electrical Systems Engineer
Night Operations Manager
The Position at a glance
High school diploma desireable but not required, minimum 2 years’ experience, see Education & Experience section below.
Credentials & Licenses
Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite. All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License.
Benefits & Incentives
Detailed Position Information
This is an excellent career opportunity with a well-established, solid company, with outstanding benefits. If this sounds like something that might interest you, we encourage you to apply now! It could truly change your life!
The operator must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and to operate plant processing and drying equipment (conveyors, rotary dryer, loadout), while safely meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
In addition to plant processing equipment, the operator must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and to operate a wheel loader.
It is essential that the operator is be able to quickly and accurately collect as well as analyze data in order to quickly make process changes and improvements when needed.
Must demonstrate an ability to use computer programs for process controls, truck load out operations, lab analysis, as well as data collection and entry
Must work in a safe team environment and take on new responsibilities when assigned.
Transportation/Travel: Must provide your own transportation
Working Conditions and Expectations:
- icon May work up to twelve hour shifts
- icon Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- icon Must be able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors
- icon Must have high safety standards for self and others
- icon Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- icon Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- icon Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- icon Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- icon Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- icon Must be able to work at heights
- icon Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
Rotation schedules are 84 hours bi-weekly (20 of the 84 hours are paid out an OVERTIME rate of 1 ½) Rotation Schedule:
- Week 1- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (60 hrs/ 20 paid overtime)
- Week 2- Wednesday, Thursday (24 hrs)
- icon Must possess a valid driver's license
- icon Be proficient spoken and written English
- icon Be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- icon Be able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
The applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalant. Aplicants with a 2 year technical degree or previous experince will be given priority.
- icon Quarterly Incentive Program
- icon Paid Time Off
- icon Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- icon 401k with Matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Disclosure & Important policies
Drug Testing: Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AT PATTISON, EMPLOYEES COME FIRST!
We offer excellent benefits to our employees such as paid time off, education assistance, and more. These are just a few of the numerous benefits and perks enjoyed by of our employees.