Pattison Dairy Bedding Sand
Cows LOVE IT!. From their perspective, it’s comfortable to lie on, provides uniform support, it’s cool in the summer, it’s nonabrasive, and offers confident footing when standing up. Our Dairy Bedding Sand has a low opportunistic pathogen loading, and it will help to drain away moisture and leaked milk. It’s labor efficient to add to stalls, and is readily available at a reasonable cost. Most of our Dairy Bedding Sand customers use a 6 to 8” deep bed of loose sand as a freestall or tie stall resting surface.
- Our Dairy Bedding Sand is Dry, and minimizes bacterial growth in bedding, lowering incidences of clinical mastitis caused by environmental organisms such as E. coli. and Environmental Streptococci
- It reduces the number of cows with swollen hocks, hair off hocks, and knee injuries
- It helps to lower incidences of herd slipping in alleyways
- Cows quickly adapt to Pattison Dairy Bedding Sand. This helps to reduce stall refusal
- Our Dry Dairy Bedding Sand absorbs moisture on the hooves of the cow, preventing hoof disease and lameness
- It promotes a greater ease of rising and lying which improves blood flow and promotes longer resting times, which usually results in higher milk production and quality.