Pattison Career Center
Engineering Project Manager
Wage commensurate with experience
The Engineering Project Manager is a hands-on individual with the maturity and experience to drive engineering projects from start to fi nish. This position requires good technical, organizational and communication skills to develop material handling systems. An ideal candidate will have previous mechanical and civil design experience in a mining industry setting. The Engineering Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Engineering. In addition he/she will work closely with Plant Operations, Mine Operations, Rail Operations, Sub-Contractors and Fabrication/Maintenance Departments on a daily basis.
Pattison Employee Thoughts
Electrical Systems Engineer
Night Operations Manager
The Position at a glance
A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering and related fi eld or equivalent experience.
Credentials & Licenses
Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite. All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License.
Benefits & Incentives
Detailed Position Information
This is an excellent career opportunity with a well-established, solid company, with outstanding benefits. If this sounds like something that might interest you, we encourage you to apply now! It could truly change your life!
Main Functions: The successful candidate requires good technical, organizational and communication skills to develop material handling systems. An ideal candidate will have previous mechanical and civil design experience in a mining industry setting. The Engineering Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Engineering. In addition he/she will work closely with Plant Operations, Mine Operations, Rail Operations, Sub-Contractors and Fabrication/Maintenance Departments on a daily basis.
• Design & implement of new processes and existing process upgrades for all business entities including our mine operations, processing plants (Limestone & Sandstone), transloads and new business development
• Design systems layout and specifi c components on 2D CAD for engineering team review, contractor interaction, fabrication implementation and installation
• Development of project scope, schedule and budgets for presentation to management team
• Acts as internal consultant providing technical guidance on the most complex projects and problems by applying creativity, innovation, tools, methods, and techniques integrated with technical insights, knowledge and experience to form conclusions and resolutions
• Evaluate manufacturing feasibility, estimate cost, and assess maintenance requirements of a variety of material handling systems.
Transportation/Travel: Must provide your own transportation
Working Conditions and Expectations:
- icon May work up to twelve hour shifts
- icon Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- icon Must be able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors
- icon Must have high safety standards for self and others
- icon Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- icon Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- icon Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- icon Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- icon Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- icon Must be able to work at heights
- icon Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- icon A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering and related fi eld or equivalent experience.
- icon Prefer a PE but not required
- icon Prefers a broad background in various mining, construction and manufacturing technologies (concrete and steel design, fl uid dynamics, pumping slurry design, minerals processing, crushing/processing of sandstone and limestone, drilling/blasting)
- icon Profi cient in 2D and 3D modeling CAD design programs.
- icon Ability to analyze and design basic mechanical processing equipment and civil site construction related work
- icon Working knowledge of surveying, manufacturing processes, construction management and drafting
- icon Excellence in time management; attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- icon Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments.
- icon Self-starter, proactive, professional, positive, and energetic attitude
- icon Able to work in the fi eld and offi ce settings
- icon Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
5 to 15 years of hands-on experience in a mining, construction, manufacturing and project engineering settings. Preferred experience in civil structural design of concrete foundations and steel structures
- icon Quarterly Incentive Program
- icon Paid Time Off
- icon Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- icon 401k with Matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Disclosure & Important policies
Drug Testing: Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AT PATTISON, EMPLOYEES COME FIRST!
We offer excellent benefits to our employees such as paid time off, education assistance, and more. These are just a few of the numerous benefits and perks enjoyed by of our employees.