Pattison Career Center
Wage commensurate with experience
Our Mining Electricians are talented qualified individuals who are motivated to work safely and proficiently to achieve company goals and objectives. They work to inspire other employees to do the same. Our electricians must troubleshoot, maintain, and repair electrical systems throughout our above ground and below ground facilities. They must be capable of installing and maintaining electrical and instrumentation systems and components. They must plan and complete work based on company guidelines for safety, environmental compliance, and general work practices and procedures.
Pattison Employee Thoughts
Electrical Systems Engineer
Night Operations Manager
The Position at a glance
High school diploma desireable but not required, minimum 2 years’ experience, see Education & Experience section below.
Credentials & Licenses
Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite. All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License.
Benefits & Incentives
Detailed Position Information
This is an excellent career opportunity with a well-established, solid company, with outstanding benefits. If this sounds like something that might interest you, we encourage you to apply now! It could truly change your life!
Main Functions: The successful candidate will install new and maintain existing electrical systems with voltages ranging from 120 to 480 3 phase. Included will be conduit bending of both EMT and GRC sizes from ½” thru 2”. Also experience installing cable tray a plus. Test functionality and troubleshoot of said systems utilizing voltage meters as well as megometers and 4/20ma generator. This candidate will perform other duties as assigned to include ground resistance checks, Infrared camera utilization as well as numerous others.
• Ability to thoroughly read and interpret blueprints and schematics required
• Communicate effectively with all levels of operation and maintenance personnel required
• Proven safe work record required
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job required
Transportation/Travel: Must provide your own transportation
Working Conditions and Expectations:
- icon May work up to twelve hour shifts
- icon Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- icon Must be able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors
- icon Must have high safety standards for self and others
- icon Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- icon Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- icon Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- icon Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- icon Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- icon Must be able to work at heights
- icon Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
4 Days a week (10 hour shifts). Hours are subject to change to 12 hour shifts if the market demands change.
- icon Must possess a valid driver's license
- icon Be proficient spoken and written English
- icon Be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- icon Be able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
The applicant must have 3-5 years’ experience in commercial and industrial electrical maintenance along with 120-480 volt 3 phase motor wiring, control wiring, troubleshooting ability, conduit bending, knowledge of N.E.C, ability to read and interpret blueprints and one line diagrams, and the ability to work good under pressure along with little supervision.
- icon Quarterly Incentive Program
- icon Paid Time Off
- icon Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- icon 401k with Matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Disclosure & Important policies
Drug Testing: Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AT PATTISON, EMPLOYEES COME FIRST!
We offer excellent benefits to our employees such as paid time off, education assistance, and more. These are just a few of the numerous benefits and perks enjoyed by of our employees.