Pattison Career Center
Wage commensurate with experience
An exciting job in our underground mine, Miners are involved in all aspects of the extraction of raw sand material. Miners use a variety of equipment to remove the material that feeds the crushing line.
Pattison Employee Thoughts
Electrical Systems Engineer
Night Operations Manager
The Position at a glance
High school diploma desireable but not required, minimum 2 years’ experience, see Education & Experience section below.
Credentials & Licenses
Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite. All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License.
Benefits & Incentives
Detailed Position Information
This is an excellent career opportunity with a well-established, solid company, with outstanding benefits. If this sounds like something that might interest you, we encourage you to apply now! It could truly change your life!
- icon Drilling and Blasting
- icon Scaling both hand and mechanically
- icon Operate Jacklegs and Stoper Drills
- icon Operate underground mining equipment in production and support activities
- icon Mine Maintenance and Cleanup
- icon Ensures applicable procedures and work standards for all tasks are understood, adhered to and complied to at all times for all assigned work
- icon Ensure that all equipment is safe to operate and maintained when needed
Working Conditions and Expectations:
- icon May work up to twelve hour shifts
- icon Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- icon Must be able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors
- icon Must have high safety standards for self and others
- icon Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- icon Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- icon Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- icon Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- icon Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- icon Must be able to work at heights
- icon Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
Rotation schedules are 84 hours bi-weekly (20 of the 84 hours are paid out an OVERTIME rate of 1 ½) Rotation Schedule:
- Week 1- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (60 hrs/ 20 paid overtime)
- Week 2- Wednesday, Thursday (24 hrs)
- icon Must possess a valid driver's license
- icon Be proficient spoken and written English
- icon Be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- icon Be able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- icon Must be able to work at heights of 30-50ft.
- icon Prior heavy equipment operator experience preferred
- icon Prior mining experience preferred
The applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalant. Aplicants with a 2 year technical degree or previous experince will be given priority.
- icon Quarterly Incentive Program
- icon Paid Time Off
- icon Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- icon 401k with Matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Disclosure & Important policies
Drug Testing: Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AT PATTISON, EMPLOYEES COME FIRST!
We offer excellent benefits to our employees such as paid time off, education assistance, and more. These are just a few of the numerous benefits and perks enjoyed by of our employees.