Pattison Career Center
Health & Safety Coordinator
Wage commensurate with experience
The Health and Safety Coordinator assists the Health and Safety Director in administering the company health and safety program by providing support in the field or in an administrative capacity. They help with job site hazard recognition, auditing and inspections, assist with MSHA inspections by helping the H&S Director or the MSHA Inspector directly. They also Work with the H&S Director to ensure compliance with MSHA requirements Assists in tracking Workers Compensation Claims that are MSHA related Responsible for the proper processing of incident reports (near misses, damages and/or injuries): updating proper personnel, managing an excel database and assisting HR with scheduling employee medical appointments.
Pattison Employee Thoughts
Electrical Systems Engineer
Night Operations Manager
The Position at a glance
Credentials & Licenses
Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite. All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License.
Benefits & Incentives
Detailed Position Information
This is an excellent career opportunity with a well-established, solid company, with outstanding benefits. If this sounds like something that might interest you, we encourage you to apply now! It could truly change your life!
- icon Assist with job site hazard recognition, auditing and inspections
- icon Assist with MSHA inspections by assisting the H&S Director or the MSHA Inspector directly
- icon Works with the H&S Director to ensure compliance with MSHA requirements
- icon Assists in tracking Workers Compensation Claims that are MSHA related
- icon Responsible for the proper processing of incident reports (near misses, damages and/or injuries): updating proper personnel, managing an excel database and assisting HR with scheduling employee medical appointments.
- icon Assist in ensuring that safety requirements are met for our vendors/customers- including job site safety
- icon Perform field and office work and communicate well with others.
- icon Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- icon Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- icon Lead in scheduling and conducting all industrial hygiene monitoring, including but not limited to respirable dust, noise exposures, and clean cab initiatives.
- icon Maintain air, noise and gas monitors including calibrating the monitors and placing them in the field for proper testing.
- icon Record and report all findings with air, noise, and gas monitor studies conducted in the field.
- icon Work with the H&S Director to drive company improvements in health and safety systems and processes
- icon Must model the highest standards for health and safety while on our company site
- icon Must be able to create and supply data reports from internet programs or Excel in regards to health, safety and regulatory trends for our company as well as our industry as a whole.
- icon Assist in the development and implementation of the DOT trucking requirements.
- icon Assist in managing SDS system, ensuring all SDS are inputted into the system as well as up to date.
- icon Manage first aid kit and AED inspections/inventories.
- icon Assist department Manager’s/Health and Safety Director with the drafting and implementation of company SOP’s.
- icon High attention to detail
- icon Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- icon Strong organization skills
- icon Good analytical skills
- icon Proficient spoken and written English
- icon Must possess a valid driver license
- icon Associates degree or equivalent in a health and safety field or office administration
- icon 1-3 years of safety experience in surface and/or underground mining, or construction preferred
- icon Able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- icon Must be able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
Associates degree or equivalent in a health and safety field or office administration, and 1-3 years of safety experience in surface and/or underground mining, or construction preferred
- icon Quarterly Incentive Program
- icon Paid Time Off
- icon Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- icon 401k with Matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Disclosure & Important policies
Drug Testing: Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AT PATTISON, EMPLOYEES COME FIRST!
We offer excellent benefits to our employees such as paid time off, education assistance, and more. These are just a few of the numerous benefits and perks enjoyed by of our employees.