We are looking for an entry/mid-level electrician to work at our main shop and throughout our facility above and below ground in Clayton, Iowa! This position performs troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs and improvements on all electrical systems and processing equipment in the industrial environment. A successful candidate should be hands on, a self-starter, willing to learn and mechanically inclined. This is a career position working as a member of a great team with an established company that offers excellent salaries and full benefits! As a member of the ABC (Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.) of Iowa; we also have the ability to sponsor, pay for and assist you in obtaining your Journeyman License!
- Perform job safety analysis for every task or project being completed and VCR’s
- Install safety and distribution components such as switches, resistors, circuit breaker panels, etc.
- Perform predictive and preventative electrical maintenance functions
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring
- Routinely inspect and replace old wiring and insulated cables, cleans circuits, etc.
- Troubleshoot, identify hazards or malfunctions, and repair or substitute damaged equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Communicate effectively with operation and maintenance personnel
- Comply with all policies, procedures and housekeeping practices
- Plan and complete work based on company guidelines for safety & environmental compliance
Must have the ability to:
- Work up to 12-hour shifts
- Stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces and bend or stoop
- Climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Work at heights
- Demonstrate high safety standards for self and others
- Wear a half-mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Work in damp, dimly lit, and confined work areas
- Self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Proficient speaking and writing English
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Priority will be given to applicants with a 2-year degree or previous experience
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with Matching
- Company Sponsored Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $3.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640