We’re looking for a skilled metal fabricator to work at our main shop and throughout our facility above and below ground in Clayton, Iowa. At Pattison's, we build and repair most of our metal structures, components, and machinery. This position requires the operation of specialized equipment to design and assemble mechanical structures or parts. This is an important job as it provides the foundation for our operational infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand, great attention to detail, strong design background, and welding skills. This is a career position working as a member of a great team with an established company that offers excellent salaries and full benefits!
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Take and read measurements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Troubleshoot existing designs and re-design parts
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method required
- Produce parts with a high degree of precision and accuracy
- Operate associated equipment such as angle grinders, calipers, rulers, and clamping devices
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Follow all safety protocols developed for the company and comply with MSHA and OSHA standards
Must have the ability to:
- Wear a half-mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Work up to 12 hour shifts
- Self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces and bend or stoop
- Climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Accurately handle numerical analysis
- Work at heights
- Work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- Proficient speaking and writing English
- High school diploma or equivalent desirable but not required
- 2 year technical degree or prior experience will be given priority
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640