We are seeking a Health and Safety Director in Clayton, IA. The Health and Safety Director is responsible for ensuring a safe working environment and maintaining compliance with regulatory laws at Pattison Sand Company, LLC.
Our Health and Safety Director is a vital role to the success of our company. They will develop our safety and health systems and strategies. This person will enhance our existing safety and health policy, procedures, and process within our company. They will identify workplace hazards, and access risks to employee health and safety, and design solutions around these issues. They are required to:
- Provide strategic leadership by creating and implementing long-term health and safety initiatives to continuously improve company safety performance and compliance Enhance Pattison safety culture so that each member “owns” their own safety and the safety of fellow members
- Make safety part of the day-to-day thinking for our members by inserting safety into every related process of our business
- Serve as the representative of the company for various regulatory entities and industry groups
- Facilitate the attainment of all safety metric goals throughout the company
- Continue to develop the employment brand for Pattison as the safest place to work
- Act as the functional coach for the managers and supervisors and the direct safety coach for the safety coordinators
- Maintain or improve compliance with all safety and environmental regulations
- Keep safety coordinators and company personnel current on world class safety standards
- Work with the team to build bench strength for safety competencies and to develop future safety leaders
- Audit safety plan progress and compliance progress across the company.
- Remain proactively current on government regulations in safety and share your knowledge across the company
- Provide innovative safety solutions and ideas
- Technically support the engineering team when it comes to equipment specifications, contractor safety, new construction and facility upgrades
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations
- Driven to produce results
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Understanding of MSHA/OSHA regulations and how they are applied in the field
- Able to wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- BS or BA in Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science or related technical discipline is required
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience leading safety and compliance in a manufacturing or construction or mining company
- Demonstrated ability to lead process improvements in a team environment
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133