We’re looking for an experienced Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic to maintain our fleet. The successful candidate will perform repair & maintenance, run diagnostics on equipment and vehicles, complete machine repairs, and dismantle and reassemble entire engines. This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking individual to apply his or her skills in a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Heavy equipment diesel mechanics work primarily in our main shop building. They are required to:
- Perform regular maintenance, minor and major repairs on heavy equipment and trucks
- Determine equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests and identify worn and damaged parts
- Correct equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting or overhauling equipment and systems
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed
- Adhere to all applicable safety policies and complying with all company policies, procedures and standards
- Maintain cleanliness in the shop
- Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Able to work up to 12 hour shifts
- Proficient speaking and writing english
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Have high safety standards for self and others
- Willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Able to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Able to bend or stoop
- Able to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Able to work at heights
- Able to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- Able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- ASE Diesel Certification a plus
- 2 year technical degree or prior experience will be given priority
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid driver’s license
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640