We currently have an opening for a Human Resource Generalist to provide support to our processing plants, surface/underground mining operations, loadout facilities, and maintenance departments at our Clayton, IA location. We are looking for a highly motivated, engaged, and committed individual that has an interest or background in Human Resources.
- The Human Resource Generalist will work collaboratively with the Director of Human Resources, Human Resource Coordinator and management providing superior human resources services to our employees and the company. This position will support a broad range of human resource activities including employee engagement, performance management, recruitment and selection, equal employment, employee relations, employee benefits, compliance training, and leadership development. This is a “hands on” position that requires interaction and visibility with all levels of the organization.
- Candidates must have ability to work independently, be customer focused, have excellent problem solving, organizational, communication and people skills. Specific competencies include functional/technical skills, action oriented, managerial courage, dealing with ambiguity, command skills, motivating others, organizing, drive for results, problem solving, strategic agility and building effective teams
Must have the ability to:
- Proficiently use a computer as well as enter data accurately
- Work in a team environment
- Work independently
- Lead and influence others
- Use Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Communicate effectively
- Adjust to change or technology
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity
- Implement high safety standards for self and others
- Bend or stoop
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of multi-faceted Human Resources Generalist experience
- Strong Leadership Development experience a plus
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Starting wage based on experience & will be a salaried position.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640