We’re looking for a Jumbo Drill Operator to work in our room and pillar sandstone mine in Clayton Iowa. This is a career position with an established company, working as a member of a great team of professional miners, using top quality equipment, with excellent salary and full benefits.
Our Jumbo Drill Operators always comply with company, local, state, and federal compliance/safety rules. They are highly skilled using single boom drills and experience with cannon drills is a plus. They are proficient at reading mine plans, specifications, working as a member of a team or independently. They also:
- Procure and transport materials, tools, equipment, and blasting agents and accessories
- Inspect, scale, rock bolt, screen, and strap to achieve control of ground
- Check the condition of the travel way, work area, and equipment, and when necessary, they correct any unsafe conditions
- Inspect bolting machines, jumbo drills, and other machinery common to mining
- Shoot grade and center line from pre-determined lines and determine location, spacing, number, inclination and depth of blast and bolt holes
- Operate L.H.D. vehicles to muck out rounds and to load broken material into trucks or rock passes . They may also re-muck at designated locations
- Set up and operate various types of rock drills to create blast holes, test holes, rock bolt holes and line plug holes.
- Procure blasting agents and accessories, load, prime, time, connect rounds, check and extends blasting lines, blow air, guard and blast or set up for centrally controlled blasting operations
This position requires that the applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must pay close attention to detail
- Must be able to work twelve hour shifts
- Able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Possess a valid driver license
- Specialize in room and pillar mining
- Must be able to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Must be able to work seated for up to 6 hours at a time to operate equipment or vehicles
- Must be able to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to distinguish between colors
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Must be able to work at heights of 30 – 50 feet
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- 10+ years’ of verifiable experience
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
Week 2- Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
Day and Night shifts available.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133