We need a Lab Technician on NIGHT SHIFT! Our lab technicians are the heart of our quality control system. These skilled workers perform production sample analysis insuring the quality and consistency of our proppants & aggregates. They maintain production samples, track results electronically and deliver any samples issues or concerns to load-out & plant operators.
They operate specialized equipment including digital microscopes, computerized tracking systems, shakers and separators. They are required to:
- Maintain hourly production samples and track production results
- Qualify all samples, test plant feed, waste product, and Wet & Dry plant products
- Collect samples from trucks, rail cars or barges and crushing line
- Perform analysis on samples to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Ensure proper upkeep and calibration of lab instruments and sampling/testing equipment throughout plant
- Maintain database of lab sample processing data
- Train co-workers to perform quality control functions
- Ensure testing is completed in accordance with established procedures
- Follow all MSHA standards
- Perform other duties to support plant & load-out operations as needed
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours
- Work up to twelve hour shifts
- Able to climb considerable amount of stairs
- Ability to lift and carry 25lbs
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and in close quarters with another lab partner.
- Ability to accurately handle numerical analysis
- Proficient in computer and data entry skills
- Must be proficient speaking and writing english
- High School diploma required
- Applicants with a 2 year technical degree or previous experience will be given priority.
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Starting wage may be increased based on experience. PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
Week 2- Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
Night shift is available!
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640