We’re looking for a lubrication tech to inspect and maintain our rolling stock assets and equipment. Lubrication techs inspect all equipment fluid levels daily, search for fluid leaks, grease equipment, check tire air pressures and visually inspect tire condition. In addition, they are responsible for fueling equipment, inspecting and cleaning air filters. This is a rewarding and critical position that relates to every aspect of our operations.
Lubrication technicians are vital to our efficient operation. They prevent breakdowns by effecting proactive maintenance, and keeping watch on mission critical equipment and systems. They operate throughout our facility both above and below ground. They are required to:
- Fuel, grease and service all rolling stock equipment
- Check and adjust tire pressure on rolling stock
- Service and repair rolling stock auto lube systems
- Maintain the lube truck’s on board fueling system and greasing system
- Clean the fuel island and oil room, and they keep the spill kit inventory up to date
- Report equipment problems to the mechanics (oil leaks, bad hoses, lights not working, fill caps missing or bad)
- Fill out fueling sheets and pass down reports
- Help and assist other departments when needed
- Fill the bulk fuel and oil tanks on our lube truck
- Comply with company, local, state and federal safety rules and guidelines
- Understand how to fuel equipment
- Select and wear the proper PPE required for tasks.
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Must be proficient speaking and writing english
- Able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- Work up to twelve hour shifts
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Have high safety standards for self and others
- Willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Able to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Able to work at heights of 30-50ft.
- Able to bend or stoop
- Able to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Able to work at heights
- Able to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- Able to use hand tools, replace equipment light bulbs
- General computer knowledge
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Have a Class B or better CDL with the ability to acquire HazMat and Tanker Endorsement
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
Week 2- Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
Night shift available.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860 xtn 133