We are looking to hire a Sand Crushing Line Operator at our Clayton, IA facility. The operator will work safely and accurately to operate the sand crushing line. This position will require some heavy equipment operation, general maintenance, and inspection of the sand crushing line. This person holds a vital role in the process operation. They are required to comply with company, local, state, and federal compliance & safety rules. Operators are responsible for meeting quality marks as well as production goals on a daily basis. They will work collaboratively with all other company departments to ensure that repairs, screen changes, and product needs are being scheduled and met efficiently.
- Keep the crushing line clean and in safe working order
- Ensure all safety features, and insure that guards are in place and in working condition
- Monitor and maintain the grizzly and the jaw crusher
- Inspect, maintain, and repair the feed bin, belts and conveyors, dry and wet screens and wear items on the HSI and VSI
- Operate equipment for cleanup and other miscellaneous tasks
- Operate equipment such as Skid Loaders, Front End Loaders, Mud Buckets, Excavators and Bull Dozers
- Perform other general labor duties as required
Must have the ability to:
- Proficiently speak and write English
- Stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces and bend or stoop
- Work up to 12-hour shifts
- Climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Work at heights
- Wear a half-mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Proficiently use a computer as well as enter data accurately
- Work in a team environment
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Applicants with a 2 year technical degree or previous related experience will be given priority
- Prior heavy equipment experience preferred
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640