We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our accounting department in Clayton, Iowa. This is a newly created role. The successful applicant will report to the accounting manager and will work closely with the finance team. They’ll interact with operations personnel and vendors, prepare financial reports, maintain financial records and perform general bookkeeping tasks.
- The person selected for this position will assist with or lead the following:
- Invoice customers, match bill of ladings, sales orders and other sales documents to generate invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements, accounts payable and related accrual accounts between general leger and subledgers
- Assess customer credit risk and backup for cash applications
- Reconcile and pay applicable sales taxes
- Freight and logistic accounting
- Month-end accruals, reconciliations and fixed asset schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Must have the ability to:
- Proficiently use a computer as well as enter data accurately
- Work in a team environment
- Work independently
- Understand the Five Accounting Assertions: Accuracy, Classification, Completeness, Cutoff and Occurrence
- Use Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Communicate effectively
- Adjust to change or technology
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- At least five years of accounting experience
- Proven experience as an accountant
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Starting wage based on experience & will be a salaried position.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640