We are looking for Surface Mine Operation Manager in Clayton, Iowa. This person will hold a critical role within the company and is responsible for scheduling and planning of the surface mining operations including the aggregate production facility to meet sales demand. This role supervises, manages and directs the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of employees within the Surface Mine Operation. We are committed to putting the customer first, our customer service, quality products, and consistency.
- Assures quarry’s production levels are maintained safely, on-schedule
- Closely monitors production to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest quality standard
- Assists staff on site in responding to any technical or staffing issues
- Alters production in accordance with order changes or materials required
- Schedule and manage routine maintenance to ensure the smooth operation of equipment
- Manage Surface Mine budget. Provide information and statistics on performance vs production to Sr. managers as requested
- Maintain up-to-date records to include inventory, audits, inspections and checklists, and financial
- Work with direct reports to establish development plans and to clarify daily priorities
- Assess equipment, order new materials as required and coordinate with internal and external maintenance to address plant and equipment readiness
- Provide coaching and continuous, constructive feedback and general work direction. Issues corrective action as necessary.
- Conduct timely performance reviews in accordance with Company policies.
- Develops daily task lists for employees using the most recent crushing line inspection, maintenance log, and operating schedule
- Conduct regular site inspections to assure compliance
- Perform audits regularly for safety, SOP’s, training compliance, production and quality by ensuring compliance with MSHA and Company regulations
Must have the ability to:
- Proficiently speak and write English
- Competently use Excel, Word and Outlook
- Understand mineral processing equipment such as cone crushers, jaw plants, screens, conveyors, and associated mobile equipment
- Stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces and bend or stoop
- Work up to 12-hour shifts
- Climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Wear a half-mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ year experience in Mine Management preferred
- Prior heavy equipment experience preferred
- Aggregate Certified Technician compliant. Must be willing to attend 1-3 weeks of training sponsored by Pattison Sand Company LLC to become certified. This training will require travel and time away from home
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640