We are looking for a Mine Equipment Trainer in Clayton, IA. The Mine Equipment Trainer will work with a variety of departments and their mentors throughout the mining operation to ensure team members are properly trained and documented to operate company equipment. Our goal is to make sure our team members go home in the same condition they came to work, decrease downtime from damaged equipment and help develop the skills of our team members on equipment. This position will closely with the Health and Safety Director and others to assist in the development of comprehensive training programs at Pattison Sand Company, LLC.
- Build on current training program and prepare teaching plans
- Deliver training courses on mine heavy equipment including Komatsu, CAT, Jone Deere and other mine equipment from entry level to experienced equipment operators
- Train, monitor and mentor mine leadership in the daily operation of the equipment to achieve a successful training program.
- Implement and track the completion of company module training for team members
- Implement and conduct proper and successful audits of the training program
- Identify and implement ongoing and/or additional training needs by evaluating the strengths and weaknessesof equipment operators
- Assist with development and implementation of the company “Standard Operating Procedures” (SOP’s)
- Assist with Incident / Accident Investigations / Root Cause / Corrective Actions
- Perform other related functions as assigned by supervisor
- Must have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to make independent judgments to manage and facilitate company programs/policies as they relate to safety
- Must have high attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have strong organization skills
- Must be proficient spoken and written English
- Must have general computer knowledge
- Must have the ability to reach, climb, bend and stoop
- Able to wear a half-mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Able to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of MSHA a plus
- Previous training and supervisory experience a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience operating heavy equipment including Excavators, Loaders, Dozers, Graders, Haul Trucks (all types), Forklifts, Cranes, Skid steers
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640