We are looking for an experienced Electrician to work with us to set up and maintain our 120 to 480 3 phase electrical infrastructure throughout our Clayton, Iowa Mine facility. This position involves installing electrical wiring, conduit bending of both EMT and GRC sizes from ½” thru 2, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts using voltage meters, and 4/20ma generators, ground resistance checks, Infrared camera tests and others. Electricians must be responsible individuals with great attention to safety. We offer company sponsored electrical apprenticeships with ABC of Iowa (Electrical Journeyman Program) for the right candidate!
- Perform job safety analysis for every task or project being completed and VCR’s
- Execute electrical wiring plans
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for various industrial and mining systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring
- Routinely inspect and replace old wiring and insulated cables, clean circuits etc.
- Troubleshoot, identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Communicate effectively with operation and maintenance personnel
- Comply with all policies, procedures and housekeeping practices
Must have the ability to:
- Work up to 12-hour shifts
- Stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces and bend or stoop
- Climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Work at heights
- Demonstrate high safety standards for self and others
- Wear a half-mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Work in damp, dimly lit, and confined work areas
- Self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Proficient speaking and writing English
- Have knowledge of N.E.C
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial and industrial electrical maintenance along with 120-480 volt 3 phase motor wiring, control wiring and troubleshooting
- 3-5 years’ experience in conduit bending
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with Matching
- Company Sponsored Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640