We are looking for an entry/mid-level electrician to join our night shift team to perform troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs and improvements on our electrical systems. As a member of the ABC (Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.) of Iowa; we also have the ability to sponsor, pay for and assist you in obtaining your Journeyman License!
Mining electricians work throughout our Clayton, Iowa facility on a variety of specialized equipment. They are required to be able to:
- Perform job safety analysis for every task or project being completed and VCR’s
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Perform predictive and preventative electrical maintenance functions
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring
- Inspect and replace old wiring and insulated cables, clean circuits etc.
- Troubleshoot, identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Communicate effectively with operation and maintenance personnel
- Comply with all policies, procedures and housekeeping practices
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Work up to twelve hour shifts
- Work with minimal supervision
- Possess high safety standards for self and others
- Willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Able to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Able to bend or stoop
- Able to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Able to work at heights
- Able to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2860