Maintenance Technician career position available! Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for executing the repair requests made by the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Coordinator. They are the lead for preventative maintenance, and they provide critical assistance with multiple departments such as pipe, fabrication and rolling stock. Maintenance Technicians work throughout our facility both above and below ground. They keep our systems running 24 hours per day, and are a critical part of our operation
Maintenance technicians are vital to our operation. They prevent breakdowns by effecting proactive maintenance. They keep watch on critical equipment and systems. They are required to:
- Inspect and lubricate bearings on our conveyance systems
- Repair mechanical breakdowns.(bearings, ,conveyor belts, ect.)
- Perform daily maintenance in wet/dry plant
- Assist plant operations with safety and guarding issues
- Help/assist other departments when asked or needed.
- Respond to calls from the plant’s process lines for mechanical breakdowns, and make on the spot repairs
- Identify part(s) needed, find and retrieve part(s) from parts inventory
- Complete maintenance work orders
- Complete daily reports on work completed
- Perform housekeeping in areas of the plant as assigned
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- Work up to 10 hour shifts
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Have high safety standards for self and others
- Willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Able to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work at heights of 30-50ft
- Able to bend or stoop
- Able to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Able to work at heights
- Able to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- Must be proficient speaking and writing english
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- 2 year technical degree or prior experience will be given priority
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640