We are looking for Rail Load-out operators at our Clayton, IA facility. Rail Load-out Operators are an critical to the success of our operations. They are responsible for shipping our product across the country, and insure that quality standards met.
Rail Load-out Operators are responsible for preparing and staging rail cars and loading aggregate material. They operate computerized loading systems, operate and inspect equipment, lubricate equipment, troubleshoot issues with equipment. They will:
- Perform work associated with railroad activity, complete daily tasks, maintain team safety goals
- Clean material from cars that are being returned
- Check and close rail car doors to insure loaded material remains securely in place
- Verify quality of loaded material
- Shovel material and assist in the quarry where needed
- Input data in Excel spreadsheets and other computer software as needed
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- May work up to twelve hour shifts
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Must have high safety standards for self and others
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- Able to wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Must have general computer knowledge
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640