The successful applicant for the Sand Crushing Line Operator position will operate the sand crushing line, reducing sand stone rubble to individual grains of sand. This position includes some heavy equipment operation, general maintenance, and plant equipment operation. The operator determines the grade of material produced by the line, and operate every part of this sophisticated equipment.
The Sand Crushing Line Operator is a key position in our semi-automated processing line. The operator must meet quality marks and production goals. They collaborate with other departments to ensure that repairs, screen changes and production requirements are addressed accurately, and within allowed time schedules. They are responsible for:
- Keeping the crushing line clean and in safe working order
- all safety features, and insure that guards are in place and in working condition
- Monitoring and maintaining the grizzly and the jaw crusher
- Inspecting, maintaining, and repairing the feed bin, belts and conveyors, dry and wet screens and wear items on the HSI and VSI
- Operating equipment for cleanup and other miscellaneous tasks
- Operating equipment such as Skid Loaders, Front End Loaders, Mud Buckets, Excavators and Bull Dozers.
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- The ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- The ability to bend or stoop
- The ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- The ability to work at heights
- Wear a half mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Proficiency in computer and data entry skills
- Able to handle numerical analysis
- Must be able to work closely with a quality assurance lab partner
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Applicants with a 2 year technical degree or previous related experience will be given priority
- Prior heavy equipment experience preferred
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640