Our drivers operate a hopper bottom trailer. They travel between Clayton, Iowa and Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin. Hauling sand between our plant and our trans load facility. All driving is local and you will be home every day. There is no overnight travel! Starting points are located in both Clayton and Prairie du Chien
Drivers will operate a hopper bottom trailer. And will:
- Run equipment that is 1-3 yrs old
- Operate automatic tarps and doors
- Operate automatic transmissions
- Clean equipment
- Maintain electronic log books
- Manage hours for DOT compliance
- Operate truck for 12 hours shifts with scheduled breaks
- Work a rotating schedule
- Complete pre/post-shift inspections
- Comply with all DOT standards and regulations
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Must pass all DOT requirements, pre-employment physical exam and drug test
- Good MVR and safe driving record
- 24 months experience tractor trailer
- Insurance requires that candidates be a minimum of 25 years old
- Must be proficient speaking and writing english
- Must be able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- Must be willing to cross train and work in other departments if trucking is slow
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- The applicant must have 2 years’ experience operating Tractor Trailer
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid driver’s license
- The applicant must hold a class A CDL with tanker and must pass all DOT requirements.
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Quarterly safety incentive program
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing – Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement – To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640