Pattison Career Center
Preventative Maintenance Technician
Wage commensurate with experience
Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for implementing the repair requests of the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Coordinator including assisting with Pipe, Fabrication, Preventative Maintenance and Rolling Stock. Maintenance techs work throughout our entire facility both above ground, and inside the mine. They work to keep our systems running 24 hours per day, and are a critical part of our every day operation. Every maintenance tech s work in 10+ hour shifts and must be self motivated, reliable, and responsive to spur of the moment requests for help. They must be safety oriented, and must be able to work for 6 to 12 hours walking and standing on uneven surfaces.
Pattison Employee Thoughts
Electrical Systems Engineer
Night Operations Manager
The Position at a glance
High school diploma desireable but not required, minimum 2 years’ experience, see Education & Experience section below.
Credentials & Licenses
Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite. All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver’s License.
Benefits & Incentives
Detailed Position Information
This is an excellent career opportunity with a well-established, solid company, with outstanding benefits. If this sounds like something that might interest you, we encourage you to apply now! It could truly change your life!
Primary duties and responsibilities include: Inspecting and lubricating all bearings on our conveyance systems, Repairing any mechanical breakdowns..(bearings, ,conveyor belts, ect.), Performing scheduled daily maintenance in wet/dry plant, Assisting with plant operations on safety and guarding issues, Helping/assisting other departments when asked or needed.
Maintenance Techs must also respond to calls from the plant’s process lines for mechanical breakdowns and makes necessary repairs to continue running the lines and Repair or replace defective or damaged components that affect any of the process lines. This includes identifying the part(s) needed, finding and retrieving the part(s) from Spares and installing the parts as needed.
They must complete work as assigned on Maintenance work orders. These work orders include any type of maintenance work (rolling stock, fabrication, pipe and preventative maintenance) and are performed either on downtime or while the machine is running. They must also fill out daily reports on work completed and perform housekeeping in all areas of the plant as assigned.
Transportation/Travel: Must provide your own transportation
Working Conditions and Expectations:
- icon May work up to twelve hour shifts
- icon Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- icon Must be able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors
- icon Must have high safety standards for self and others
- icon Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- icon Must have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- icon Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- icon Must have the ability to bend or stoop
- icon Must have the ability to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- icon Must be able to work at heights
- icon Must have the ability to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
Rotation schedules are 84 hours bi-weekly (20 of the 84 hours are paid out an OVERTIME rate of 1 ½) Rotation Schedule:
- Week 1- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (60 hrs/ 20 paid overtime)
- Week 2- Wednesday, Thursday (24 hrs)
- icon Must possess a valid driver's license
- icon Be proficient spoken and written English
- icon Be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- icon Be able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
The applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalant. Aplicants with a 2 year technical degree or previous experince will be given priority. 5+ years maintenance experience in a manufacturing, construction and production environment prefered
- icon Quarterly Incentive Program
- icon Paid Time Off
- icon Affordable Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- icon 401k with Matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Disclosure & Important policies
Drug Testing: Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AT PATTISON, EMPLOYEES COME FIRST!
We offer excellent benefits to our employees such as paid time off, education assistance, and more. These are just a few of the numerous benefits and perks enjoyed by of our employees.