Pattison Dairy Bedding Sand
Pattison Sand Company produces the highest quality screened sand, free of clay and other deleterious materials that is perfectly suited for dairy bedding. In relation to milk production, bedding quality matters. Pattison’s Dairy Sand is a fully washed and dried product, providing exceptionally high quality bedding material for your livestock.
Pattison Sand Company’s dairy sand receives the highest accolades from Dairy Producers in Northeast Iowa and Southwest Wisconsin. This high quality material is used primarily in dairy free stall operations, but is also an excellent alternative for dry cow and heifer facilities.
- Very Clean – No lumps , clumps or frozen material
- Fine Screened – It contains zero to minimal oversized grains
- Dry – Cows prefer warm, dry bedding material
- Resistant to bacterial growth – Minimizes bacterial growth which lowers incidences of clinical mastitis caused by environmental organisms such as E coli, and environmental streptococci
- Better Footing – Consistently sized bedding material reduces the number instances of swollen hocks, hair off hocks, and knee injuries, Helps to lower incidences of herd slipping in alleyways
- Absorbent – Absorbent material wicks away moisture, preventing hoof disease and lameness
- Ease of Movement – Promotes a greater ease when rising and lying improving blood flow
- Longer Resting Times – Promotes longer resting times, which results in higher milk production and quality