We are seeking a Surface Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team in Clayton, Iowa. The Surface Heavy Equipment Operator will work with our surface mine team in collaboration with the underground mine, aggregate crushing line and sand crushing line to move and extract raw sand and aggregate material. They will perform highly complex and difficult construction activities by operating a variety of heavy equipment. We train our employees to help ensure procedures and work standards are followed, and that those around them clearly understand them. They are required to comply with company, local, state, and federal compliance & safety rules. This is a career position working as a member of a great team with an established company that offers competitive salaries and full benefits!
- Operate a variety of heavy equipment such as graders, cranes, front-end loaders, excavators and haul trucks
- Conduct routine inspections to identify needed maintenance or repairs prior to operating equipment
- Monitor gauges and other indicators to ensure safe operation
- Operate underground mining equipment in production and support activities
- Maintain records of time worked and materials used
- Ensure procedures and work standards for all tasks are understood, adhered to and complied with at all times. Must watch out for others at all times
- Communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors
Must have the ability to:
- Physically operate heavy equipment
- Proficiently speak and write English
- Stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces and bend or stoop
- Work up to 12-hour shifts
- Climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Work at heights
- Wear a half-mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Work in a team environment
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Prior heavy equipment operator experience preferred
- Prior mining experience preferred
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$2.00 Night Shift Differential
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640