We're looking for Night Shift miners to work in our underground room and pillar sand mine. Underground miners are involved in all aspects of the process of raw sand material extraction. Miners use a variety of specialized mining equipment to remove material and deliver it to our crushing line Our miners work in our underground room and pillar mine extracting raw sand material. They're required to comply with company, local, state, and federal compliance & safety rules. We train our miners to help ensure procedures and work standards are followed, and that those around them clearly understand them. They are the first line in safety compliance and procedure monitoring
- Participate in drilling and blasting
- Scale the rock face both hand and mechanically
- Operate jacklegs and stopper drills
- Operate underground mining equipment in production and support activities
- Participate in mine maintenance and clean-up
- Ensure procedures and work standards for all tasks are understood, adhered to and complied with at all times. They must watch out for others at all times.
- Wear full PPE at all times
- Ensure that all equipment is safe to operate and is well maintained
This position requires that the applicant have the following qualifications:
- Must be proficient speaking and writing english
- Able to safely wear a half face mask for up to 12 hours at a time
- Work up to twelve hour shifts
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors
- Have high safety standards for self and others
- Willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Have the ability to stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces
- Able to lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Able to bend or stoop
- Able to climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Able to work at heights 30-50ft.
- Able to work in damp, dimly lit and confined work areas
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- Prior heavy equipment operator experience preferred
- Prior mining experience preferred
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSC offers an additional $2.00 per hour for night shift work.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640