We are looking for Rail Loadout operators at our Clayton, IA location. Rail Loadout Operators are vital to the success of our operations. They enable our company to effectively and efficiently ship our product across the country with the assurance that high-quality standards are being met. Operators are responsible for tasks associated with the preparation and staging of rail cars for the purpose of loading aggregate material or silica sand. These tasks range from working on the computer, operating/inspections of equipment, lubricating equipment, troubleshooting issues with equipment and an eye for attention to detail. This is a career position working as a member of a great team with an established company that offers excellent salaries and full benefits.
- Perform work associated with railroad activity, complete daily tasks, maintain team safety goals
- Clean material from cars that are being returned
- Check and close rail car doors to insure loaded material remains securely in place
- Verify quality of loaded material
- Shovel material and assist in the quarry where needed
- Input data in Excel spreadsheets and other computer software as needed
Must have the ability to:
- Proficiently speak and write English
- Stand for 6-12 hours on uneven sandy/rocky surfaces and bend or stoop
- Work up to 12-hour shifts
- Climb on and off equipment and ladders
- Work at heights
- Wear a half-mask respirator for up to 12 hours at a time
- Lift 60 to 80 pounds without mechanical assistance
- Proficiently use a computer as well as enter data accurately
- Work in a team environment
- High school diploma desirable but not required
- General computer knowledge
- Part 48 MSHA required. Training available onsite.
- All Pattison employees must hold a valid Driver's License
Pattison Sand Company offers a comprehensive benefit program! Some of the benefits include:
- Paid time off (160 hours your 1st year)
- Affordable health, life, flex spending, dental and vision insurance
- Company sponsored short term disability & life insurance
- 401k with matching
Advancement Opportunities: Pattison Sand Company encourages and sponsors internal and external training to develop employees’ skills in order to promote from within the company.
Mandatory Drug Testing - Pattison Sand Company is a drug-free workplace and all prospective employees have to pass a pre-employment drug test and employment physical.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may contact the Pattison HR department for assistance at:
phone: (563) 964-2640